ISO 45001 replacing OHSAS 18001:2007 is due to be released at the end of 2017.
Proposed content should include:-
- workers now include all people within an organisation
- emphasis will be on leadership,
- training and developing,
- Measuring and monitoring of performance.
- Hazards will now include situations and circumstances which require foresight and planning not just reaction to incident specific risks.
- need to consult both the workforce and external interested third parties
- This extends the notion of scope and context with the emphasis on effective consultation and mandatory KPIs.
- risks and opportunities apply not just to H & S but to the whole organisation’s business functions