A need was identified by Hugh Davies in the early 90’s for companies wanting guidance with implementing sound business management systems in compliance with ISO standards. As a result IQS was established in 1993, and today employs five staff including specialist consultants which operate nationally.
With a passion for quality issues, Hugh Davies was actively involved in promoting ISO System implementation through:
- His position as past director of the SA Society for Quality, and past Chairman of the SA Society for Quality in KZN, SA
- Delivering a paper at the SAATCA Conference on “Creating a World Class Company”
- Being awarded the SA Society for Quality 2004 Deneys Zeederburg National Memorial Award in “Recognition of an Outstanding Contribution to Quality in South Africa”
- Exposure and experience gained while working for SABS and in industry as inspector, auditor and SHEQ Manager
- IQS being itself ISO9001 certified since 2004 to ‘practice what we preach’
Our approach has always been to create ownership of the systems from the start by developing people and ensuring that by the time the external certification audit takes place, we are no longer required as the systems have been internalized. Today IQS has:
- Set up systems for over 300 organizations who have successfully achieved ISO certification nationally
- Trained over 55 000 employees in ISO requirements nationally
- Trained and qualified over 6000 internal system auditors nationally
- Conducted over 550 audits for clients nationally
- Implemented Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Food Safety systems in compliance with ISO9001; OHSAS18001; ISO 14001 & ISO/FSSC22000 nationally
- Over 150 000 pocket booklets provided as a memory jogger for staff
Our success is due to our passion, attention to detail, perseverance, ensuring fast turnaround and customer delight, affordability and good people skills.